The Empresa de Apoyo a la Producción de Alimentos (Emapa) fixed yesterday the base price of wheat at $335 per ton for the winter 2021 agricultural campaign. It plans to support more than 450 producers to encourage the planting of wheat in an area of 67,660 hectares for a production of 123,817 tons.
The Government informs that as of January 31, 2021, the Pension Fund Administrators (AFP) have an Investment Portfolio that represents 95% of the total funds of the Integral Pension System (SIP), with an amount of $20.89 billion, the remaining 5% does not invest to guarantee the monthly payment of benefits. Of the total SIP investments, 96% distributes in local (national) instruments; and the remaining 4% is in Sovereign Debt Bonds (foreign investments).
The Government approved Supreme Decree 4505, which regulates the Law for the Promotion of State Procurement of National Goods. According to this decree, state purchases will modernize through an Electronic Catalog that we have called Compra Hecho en Bolivia (Purchase Made in Bolivia), encourage national production, and reduce the time in contracting products.